My CSA box was full of veggie goodness perfect for a salad. Using leftovers from taco night and spicy sweet potato cubes, I had the perfect fixins for a Southwestern salad. The best dressing accompaniment was this Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1 TBSP red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 TBSP honey
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Place the pepper, garlic clove, and ginger into a food processor or blender; pulse until the jalapeno and garlic are finely chopped. Pour in the lime juice, honey, balsamic vinegar, and salt, add the cilantro leaves; pulse a few times to blend. Turn the food processor or blender on, and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until incorporated into the dressing. Season to taste with salt before serving.