We have received a few potatoes in our CSA basket the past couple of weeks. I love potatoes, such delicious root veggies, and so versatile.
Today, upon returning from yoga class, my husband had fried up this batch of Rosemary Parmesan Potato Chips. I mean what is better than returning from a zen like state to find fried root veggies? Definitely, a having cake and eating it too moment.
The delicate salty parmesan mixes with the fragrant piney rosemary with undertones of garlic; the chip becomes the perfect crucnchy base for this explosion of flavor.
I leave you with a Mary Oliver quote from yoga class tonight:
“Listen–are you breathing just a little, and calling it a life?”
Rosemary Parmesan Potato Chips
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, finely minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1-2 teaspoons salt, depending on palate
- 1 large potato
- 4 cups ice water
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Using a very sharp knife or mandolin, cut potato into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add cold water. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain potato; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a deep pot, heat 1-1/2 in. of oil to 375°. Fry potato slices in batches for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with salt, garlic, parmesan and rosemary. Store in an airtight container.